Steve Hassett is the President and co-founder of Custom Composite Technologies, Inc. Steve has been working with advanced composites since 1982, when he got his start in the custom yacht business building world-class, high-performance racing boats. At CCTI, he is responsible for overall manufacturing of composite assignments while simultaneously managing product development, quality control, and corporate growth. He brings his extensive experience to a myriad of advanced composite applications drawing from a growing arsenal of methods and materials. Steve is known globally for his problem-solving approach and his broad range of construction techniques.
Under his leadership, Custom Composites has successfully built lightweight, composite structures for worldwide clientele including: General Electric Global Research, Zaha Hadid Architects, Terrafugia, Hall Spars, Hodgdon Yachts, Premier Custom Trough, Burger Boats.
CCTI has developed solid technical expertise in high-end composite fabrication using advanced materials such as carbon fiber, epoxy resin, pre-preg, and processes such as vacuum infusion.
CCTI incorporated in 1999 and throughout this time, has cultivated relationships with composite engineers and designers worldwide. Additionally, CCTI works with a vetted team of sub-contractors who give us a broad range of capabilities and add to our talent. A long-term association with advanced composite material suppliers supports our commitment to deliver on time and to the highest quality.
CCTI has a reciprocal relationship with the University of Maine’s Advanced Engineered Wood Composite Center (AEWC) and access to their state-of-the-art testing facility.
The CCTI team takes great pride in every job. Our attention to detail is your quality control. We understand the critical timelines to which projects are often subject. Once committed, meeting your deadline is a given.
- American Composite Manufacturers Association
- Maine Composite Alliance
- Maine Manufacturers Association
- Maine Aerospace Alliance
- Maine Wind Energy Initiative
- Maine Marine Trade Association
Current Board Memberships
- Maine Composite Alliance; Maureen Hassett, Managing Director 2006-07
- Maine Technology Institute (MTI); Steve Hasset, Composite Technology Board.
Advisory Committee Support
- The Landing School, Arundel, Maine (composite advisory committee)
- Southern Maine Community College (composite advisor & resource)
- Foster Regional Vocational School (advisory committee and student mentor)
- Bath Regional Vocational School (advisory committee and student mentor)
- Maine Wind Blade Challenge (team sponsor and material donations)